Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Major: English. Minor: Man-repelling.

I apologize to you, dear reader, for temporarily backing out on the promise that this blog shall provide pretty things to look at and think about, because what you're about to see ain't pretty, in the conventional man-attracting sense of the word. 
I stumbled across this jewel of a blog (or is it a website? I don't know, damn you confusing internets!) called The Man Repeller, and it has got me all fired up and inspired. The chica who writes it defines a "man-repeller" as...

MAN·RE·PELL·ER1  [MAHN-REE-PELLER]
–noun
outfitting oneself in a sartorially offensive way that will result in repelling members of the opposite sex. Such garments include but are not limited to harem pants, boyfriend jeans, overalls (see: human repelling), shoulder pads, full length jumpsuits, jewelry that resembles violent weaponry and clogs.
–verb (used without object),-pell·ing, -pell·ed.
to commit the act of repelling men:
Girl 1: What are you wearing to the party?
Girl 2: My sweet lime green drop crotch utility pants!
Girl 1: Oh, so we're man repelling tonight?
*DISCLAIMER: the above conversation is not a dramatization, took place in this room 5 minutes ago.

I think the lady is on to something. Some of my favorite fashion friends could definitely be classified as man-repellers.
For instance, my girl Mary-Kate gets hated on a lot for her style, and hey, maybe
guys aren't into the teeny-tiny-black-feathery-dress-wearing witch look, but I sure am! You go girl. 




Long hair, don't care.


Another furry fave of mine, from the Pucci fall 2011 show...
Is it man-repelling? Gonna go with yes. Is it awesome? Definite yes. 


Now this is just rude...



This philosophy is something to think about as I head to the Big Apple in the next few months as a strategy to ward off the oodles of creepers Mr. Big types dying to date me while I focus on having adventures. 



Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment