Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 11, 2011

The Low Country Calls

I've tried something new lately. With all the classic, stuffy (occasionally wonderful) books I have to read for my English classes, I sometimes feel like I've lost my love of reading. It's not that I don't love spending my nights slugging through Bleak House, but the combination of being forced to read in a certain window of time and also actively being on the lookout for the themes and other nonsense makes reading a chore. So, I've made a resolution to take some time for myself and make a point of reading for pleasure. My sister recommended Pat Conroy's novel South of Broad, set in the beautiful Charleston, so I'm giving it a shot and really enjoying it so far.

This was an appropriate book to read leading up to Spring Break, because I am headed to Hilton Head Island for the week. That marshy smell is calling me!

No comments:

Post a Comment